Sara Beth is 4 months old! Can you believe it? I can't! Time has been speeding by and I'd like it to slow down. I really can't remember what life was like without her! She is such a good baby! She's hardly ever fussy and most of the time will give out smiles freely. She went to Dr. Ritch for her 4 month check-up and shots today. Again, she did okay with the shots. She's sleeping it off right now. Her official measurements are 13 pounds 8 ounces and 25 inches long. She's right in the middle (50th percentile) with those numbers. The only thing measuring big is her noggin. It's in the 80th percentile at 16.5 inches. Dr. Ritch said that means she's smart. Which would explain why her developmental milestones are coming quicker than he would expect. He was particularly impressed that she can transfer objects from left hand to right hand. What can I say? We've got a smart girl on our hands! :)
This month, Sara Beth also spent her first nights away from home. My parents, Nana and Papaw, kept her for our anniversary. Adam's parents, Nonni and Opa, kept her while we went to Dallas for a concert. She did great both times. It's such a blessing to have wonderful family so close by!
Sara Beth had her first long road trip this month as well. We drove to Tyler for an adventure race training that Adam was participating in. While it was only 2 hours away, it was the farthest our little girl had ever been away from home. We're looking forward to a few more road trips coming up soon. Hopefully she'll do as well on those as she did this time.
At 4 months old, Sara Beth is. . .
- Rolling over in both directions (front to back and back to front)
- Sleeping through the night consistently
- Sleeping in her crib instead of the bassinet
- Able to grab what she wants instead of grabbing whatever she happens to land on
- Smiling when she hears Mommy or Daddy singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
- Loving her exersaucer a lot
- "Talking" up a storm
- Smiling at herself in the mirror
- Standing up (supported of course) all the time
- Trying to sit herself up anytime she is propped up on her back
|Smiling at Mommy|
|Her first "tattoo"|