This month we took a road trip to Texas to visit Adam's grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. We spent a long weekend visiting with relatives, walking down gravel roads, playing with cousins, and watching the cows. Sara Beth forgot all about princesses for a few days and John David tried his best to charm each and every family member. It was a great trip, but we were ready to be home. Sleeping away from home with little ones is hard work!
Here are John David's 9 month milestones:
- He weighs about 21 pounds and is still wearing 12 months clothes.
- He got his first haircut. I snipped off a piece to save and then Adam got out the clippers. It ended up being shorter than we wanted, but it's growing on us now.
- He is crawling and pulling up to standing.
- He is talking a lot, saying "sister", "daddy", "cat", "hi", and lots of other babbling, but still not saying my name.
- He rarely sleeps all the way through the night anymore. He usually wakes up once to eat. I'm so ready for this phase to end!
- There has been so much sickness in our house this month. John David came down with RSV and a double ear infection. He spent a few days laying on my chest. Then SB came down with a virus that kept her in bed with a high fever for 4 days. Thankfully they seem to be on the mend now.
- He has finally started to love eating food (just like his big sister). This month he has tried yogurt, brussel sprouts, purple hull peas, peaches, oatmeal and papaya.
- His 2 top teeth have come in. Now he is grinding his teeth (Eew!), so I figure there are more on the way.
- He loves to wave and say "hi"!
- He outgrew his infant carrier car seat, so now he rides in style in a new convertible car seat.
- He usually takes a couple of naps each day.
- For some reason, he has decided that he doesn't like taking a bottle anymore. That makes it tough for me to go anywhere, but at least someone can feed him a little food until I get back.
|Exploring the woods with Opa|
|Family time at Five Hart Ranch in Texas|
|The first cut|
|Daddy getting brave with the clippers|
|The new do|
|On his 9 month birthday|
|Cool little dude|
|Now this is what it's really been like.... so much snot!|