|My attempt at the 6 month chalk sign (eating pumpkins was much more fun)|
|JD on his half birthday: November 3, 2013|
We've been busy this month, trying to take advantage of the cooler fall weather and all the activities that surround Halloween. John David tags along like a champ! He won't go to sleep in the Ergo anymore. This world is just too interesting! Big sister started preschool this month too, so we've spent a lot of time in the car, driving to and from Shreve Island Elementary School. Here's a run down of John David's 6 month milestones:
- He now has 2 little bottom teeth poking through. Teething has not been kind to him though. It seems pretty painful for him.
- Because of those troublesome teeth, he gnaws on everything! Watch out for your fingers, he bites hard!
- He sits up all the time and will play with his bucket of toys for long stretches of time now.
- No rolling over yet. Well actually, he finally did learn to roll over. That happened this week though, so it doesn't really go on this late 6 month post. ;)
- We visited the Dixie Corn Maze, the Asbury Pumpkin Patch, and the Fall Shreveport Farmer's Market this month.
- He was "Super John David" for his first Halloween. His little costume was hilarious! Our "Super family" had fun at our church's trunk-or-treat carnival.
- At his 6 month check-up, he weighed 17 lbs. 14 oz. (between the 50th and 75th percentile) and was 26 inches long (50th %). His head still measures in the genius range at 18 inches (90th%). Poor little guy had to get 4 shots and an oral vaccine that day. He ran a low fever and felt awful for the next couple days.
- His growing has slowed down a bit this month. I'm wishing I hadn't gotten all the 12 month clothes out. We are always rolling his sleeves and pants legs up.
- He makes some interesting new vocal sounds. They almost sound like words.
- He is still the happiest baby around! He gives out smiles to anyone that make eye contact.
- He is still Sara Beth's biggest fan. She pokes him and squeezes him and gets all in his face. Apparently, she is the funniest person ever!
- Our family joined us for John David's Baby Dedication at church this month. It's just a ceremony, but oh how I pray that God will guide us as we raise this little boy.
|Pumpkin patch fun with friends|
|Trick or Treat!|
|Dixie Corn Maze: Just so you know. . . tractor cow trains are not very appropriate for babies|
|Mama's pumpkin- picked straight from the vine|
|Baby Dedication October 13, 2013|