John David just keeps getting sweeter and cuter every day! He is THE snuggliest (if that's even a word) kid ever! I'm short on time today, so here is a quick run-down of our big boy's 11th month of life.
- He is talking a lot more. Sometimes it's just babble, but often he says cat, kitty cat, Sasha (our cat's name)-- Can you tell he likes the cat?--- sister, ball, dadadee (Daddy), baba (my name), this, or bye bye.
- He loves putting objects in a box or a hole or a basket.
- He's a little monkey! He climbs on everything! Turn your head for a second and he's found a way to climb up a step stool to the sink or on top of a chest or onto our bed.
- He started classes at Gymboree this month. Of course he loves it!
- His hair keeps on getting blonder. I'm interested to see what it looks like this summer.
- He is definitely right-handed. At this point, SB was still using her left and right hands interchangeably. John David favors his right hand most of the time which might have something to do with the fact that his left thumb is always in his mouth.
- He is a chow hound! He likes to feed himself, either by picking it up with his fingers or feeding himself with a spoon.
- This month, he has tried out some new foods: tomato sauce, watermelon, cheese, chicken, cheerios, asparagus, and eggs.
- He is into EVERYTHING! No drawer or cabinet is safe. Before you know it, he's taken everything out and dumped it on the floor. He especially likes to cause some mischief in his big sister's room.
- Hallelujah! He finally figured out the sippy cup!
- He has become our early morning alarm clock, about 5 a.m. to be exact. I usually end up feeding him to keep him from waking up the rest of the family.
- He took his first real steps this month. He will take between one and three steps before falling or sitting down to crawl. He is so fast when he's cruising around on the furniture though.
|1st day at Gymboree Play and Music|
|At Betty Virginia Park on a beautiful spring day|
|Wee! Sliding is so much fun!|
|His first time to take 3 steps was at SB's first soccer lesson|
|What do you think about this face, Papaw?|
|Cousin Annie's baptism|
|Celebrating Annie's baptism with Nonni and Opa|
|Hiking with Mommy while Daddy and Sister ride bikes|