Braised Chicken and Kale
1. Brown a couple of chicken breasts on both sides. Remove them from the pan.
2. Chop, then saute half an onion, a couple of garlic cloves, and a lot of kale (I used half of an extra-large bunch, but a small bunch would work fine.).
3. Deglaze the pan with a little chicken stock and a splash of white wine. Add the juice and zest of a lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
4. After that reduces a little, add about half a cup of marinara sauce (I had some homemade spicy marinara leftover from making pizzas.).
5. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces (it won't be fully cooked yet) and add it back to the pan. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for a while.
6. Serve over mashed potatoes (although rice or pasta would be good too).