|1-1-11 Happy New Year! I'm 8 Months Old!|
It's hard to believe it's been 8 months since Sara Beth was born. We love her more and more every day! Her smiles and laughs are so beautiful and they really bring us joy. She is learning so much so fast these days. One day, something seems extremely difficult for her. The next day it's a piece of cake. This month has been very busy, but full of fun. I am taking two online graduate classes now and Sara Beth is into everything since she's so mobile. So, I've been getting some much needed help from the grandparents recently. I am so thankful to have my parents and Adam's parents nearby!
SB's first Christmas was very memorable. She did great at church on Christmas Eve, at our house on Christmas morning, and at Nonni and Opa's house for Christmas brunch. Then came the meltdown. She wouldn't nap, cried at the drop of a hat, and didn't want to be put down for a second. I feel terrible even though there is nothing I could have done. We definitely need a do-over at my mom and dad's house! All in all, though, it was a great month!
Washing my own cloth diapers is going well. I usually have to wash them every other night. The only time she's not wearing cloth diapers is at church (for the nursery workers) and if she spends the night away from home. Here are some things she's been up to this month:
- She has two bottom teeth now. They make her smiles even cuter!
- She learned to sit herself up.
- She pulls up on everything and can stand for a long time. Just yesterday, she figured out how to fall without face planting every time. That makes us less worried about her, for sure!
- She has become quite a good little eater. So far she's had sweet potatoes, zucchini, apples, bananas, avocados, sweet peas, carrots, peaches, butternut squash, and brown rice. I've been enjoying making all her baby food! She's liked everything except for the brown rice that she tried today. We'll keep working on it!
- We've started pulling back her bangs into the ponytail. Her hair was all in her eyes and looking pretty rough. We probably need to cut it, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.
- She claps all the time and is beginning to try to wave.
|Finally meeting cousin Charlie|
|Loving her swing that she got for Christmas|
|Driving her pink car at Christmas|
|Playing in the ball pit at Tristen's house|