|Sara Beth on her 6 month birthday|
She went to her 6 month check-up with Dr. Ritch yesterday. She weighed in at 15 pounds 14 ounces and 25.75 inches long. She's still measuring in the 50% percentile in weight and height. It was vaccine time again. Yuck! She did great, as usual, and afterwards, even stayed at the hospital all day (and night) waiting for her cousin Charlie to be born. He's finally here, by the way, all 7 pounds of him. We are so excited for his mom and dad, Carie and Travis! He and Sara Beth will be close friends growing up, I bet!
Here are some milestones from Sara Beth's sixth month of life. She. . . . .
- can sit up and play for long periods of time now.
- has great control of her hands and feet. She can grab exactly what she wants and then put it down and pick up a new toy (over and over again). We think it's funny when she plays with or grabs things with her toes too!
- goes to the nursery at church on Sundays now. So far, we haven't had any problems. She seems to enjoy it!
- has recently discovered our dog, Zilla, and our cat, Sasha. She loves to get licked by Zilla and grab her fur. But her favorite is to watch the cat slink by. She'll stop whatever she's doing to see the cat.
- has been quite the party girl this month-- 2 Halloween parties and a birthday carnival. So fun!
- had fun on her first Halloween, dressing up as Pebbles Flintstone and trick-or-treating.
- went on her first road trip without Daddy. My mom and I took her with us to Dallas for a couple of days when Zilla had to have surgery. She also went to IKEA and stayed in a hotel for the first time on that trip.
- is trying to get used to wearing shoes and socks now that the weather is getting cooler. Right now, they look like toys to her and I can't get anything to stay on her feet.
- went on a fun trip to Arkansas where she had her first experience staying in a cabin and watching us rock climb.
-loves, loves, loves to ride in the baby backpack! She's been hiking several times now.
- likes to make the /b/ sound and blow raspberries. It's too cute!
Here are some pictures from this month. Enjoy!
|Swinging with Opa|
|Play time at Eli's birthday party|
|A family of silly monkeys (at Eli's party)|
|Precious cutie pie!|
|Hiking in Arkansas|
|Patty Cake with Nana at the hotel in Dallas|